Update April 27th 2020
Given the extraordinary circumstances related to the Covid-19 situation, Norwegian Authorities have extended the deadline for refund due to the Package Travel Act with three months. As a consequence, cancellations due to Covid-19, will at the earliest be refunded June 13th, 3 months after cancellation. Norwegian Adventure Company offer free rebooking of trips and also a credit note to let our guests select new dates later.
Update March 27th.
If you were to travel with us between March 13th – April 14th Norwegian Adventure Company offer you to rebook free of charge. Many of our guests have chosen to use or rebooking offering to come exploring with us in 2021. We are proud that so many of our guests have transferred their bookings to next year, and by this contributing to support the local travel industry in Northern Norway.
Given the extraordinary circumstances related to the Covid-19 situation, Norwegian Authorities have extended the deadline for refund due to the Package Travel Act with 14 days. As a consequence, cancellations due to Covid-19, will at the earliest be refunded 28 days after cancellation. It will also be possible to offer a credit note and let our guests select new dates later.
Update on Corona virus March 13th
Norwegian Adventure Company are following the guidelines given by Norwegian Authorities. We ask for understanding and patience as this is an extraordinary situation. We are having discussions with local authorities and the shipowners on how to solve this situation. Are you supposed to travel with us in March or April and have further questions then already sent out in e-mail, don't hesitate to contact us at +47 22 55 60 50 / Info@norwegianadventurecompany.com
Update on Coronavirus per March 6th
Approximately 80% of NAC’s guests origin from Norway. The other 20 % of NAC's guest origin mainly from other Scandinavian countries, and a few from UK and Germany.
• Vessels used in NAC adventures are operating with detailed sanitary protocols in order to provide a safe environment for our passengers and crew. All ships have implemented additional cleaning and disinfection protocols on board.
• We are monitoring the situation and will take immediate action if necessary.
• We follow all advice from the World Health Organization (WHO), the Norwegian Institute of Public Health (FHI), and local health authorities where we operate.
Guests or crew who have visited or transited via South Korea, Iran, China, including Hong Kong and Macau, Italy or Tirol in Austria, within 14 days prior to embarkation, will not be allowed to board MS Quest, MS Sjøveien, or MS Gamle Salten.
• We have clear procedures about what to do and how to implement immediate and appropriate measures if the situation or the advice from the authorities change.
• All ships have clear standard operating procedures in place to respond to any infectious diseases.
• All vessels are operating along the Norwegian coast with access to Norway’s healthcare system and follow advice from Norwegian health authorities.
• Until further notice there will be restricted access for port visitors on ships operating in the harbour of Svolvær and Tromsø.
Information about Coronavirus per March 1st 2020
Considering the ongoing Coronavirus 2019-nCoV outbreak, Norwegian Adventure Company (NAC) has chosen to follow guidelines and recommendations from WHO (World Health Association), IAATO (International Association of Antarctica Tour Operators) and CLIA (Cruise Lines International Association) in order to safeguard our guests.
Procedures and guidelines for guests traveling with NAC
The following procedures have been implemented on all Norwegian Adventure Company’s vessels and operations until further notice:
Guests or crew, regardless of nationality, who within 14 days before embarkation, have had close contact with, or helped care for, anyone suspected or diagnosed as having Coronavirus, or who is currently subject to health monitoring for possible exposure to Novel Coronavirus, will not be allowed to board MS Quest, MS Sjøveien or MS Gamle Salten.
For all embarking guests and crew, filling out a standard health questionnaire is mandatory and shall be regarded as a prerequisite for embarkation. This data is collected and evaluated by responsible medical staff on board. Any guests or crew members who appear symptomatic with a communicable disease are subject to medical evaluations including, but not limited to, temperature checks as deemed necessary. Any guest or crew member showing symptoms of any respiratory illness while on board will be subject to screening for coronavirus and may be subject to potential quarantine and disembarkation.
For Norwegian Adventure Company, safety is paramount. Hence, we are monitoring the situation and will swiftly respond to directives given by authorities should it be necessary. We hope our guests appreciate these measures and apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.